Exhibition of posters - 10 years of Antropofest - is placed in foyer Cinema Ponrepo. It started 16JAN and it ended 26JAN.
Antropofest is an international festival of movies with social anthropological themes.
Festival is held by eponymous NGO, formed by social anthropology graduates. The goal of the festival is to introduce the general audience to the movies that could also be one of the important study instruments of our domain. These specific documents will allow us to learn about the life of various human communities, social groups or individuals around the world.
During the festival we will hold debates on current projections and there will be also other accompanying programme.
We are looking forward to you!
We would like to invite you to first anthropological evening in Ponrepo cinema (Bartolomějská 11, Prague). Antropofest z.s. and National Film Archive presentstwo movies from theirs archives - Five Lives and Uknown Russian. Tomas Boukal, social anthropologist add his comments after screenings. See you on Tuesday 18th DEC from 6 p.m. For more detailes see webpage of the cinema.
Call for films for 10th ANTROPOFEST 2019 is opened! You can register your movie via our online application form or send it by mail. More information are bellow. Deadline for applications is 17th October 2018. We look forward to your movies!
24.01.2019 : Galerie Lucerna
|17:45||Welcome in Gallery Lucerna|
|18:00||Opening Ceremony of 10th edition|
|18:15||Remake of a Summer|
25.01.2019 : Kino NFA Ponrepo
|17:42||Open of Exhibition - 10 years of Antropofest|
|18:00||Ready-made básně z emailové konverzace s A-teamem – zahájení 10. ročníku Antropofestu|
|19:30||Guest and break|
|20:00||BE' JAM BE the Never Ending Song|
|21:35||Guests and break|
|22:05||The Sisterhood: Visits with my Friends|
26.01.2019 : Kino NFA Ponrepo
|15:45||Hanba a zvrácenost|
|16:05||Guests and break|
|16:35||Říkejte mi strýcu|
|17:10||Guests and break|
|17:40||Youtubeři mezi námi|
|18:00||Guest and break|
|18:30||In the Devil's Garden|
|18:55||Guest and break|
|19:25||REVENIR (To Return)|
|21:00||Marquis de Wavrin, from the Manor to the Jungle|
Česká republika, 2019, 60 min
CASA a hosté Antropofestu
The Gellner Seminar with guests of the festival Séverine Enjorlas and Magali Bragard, who are the authors of Remake of a Summer.
The seminar will take place on Thursday, January 24, 2019, from 6.15 p.m. at the Lucerne Gallery.
Francie, 2017, 96 min
Séverine Enjolras, Magali Bragard
During a summer in Paris and its suburbs, two young directors attempt a remake of "Chroniques d'un été", fifty years after the cult film of Rouch and Morin. An offbeat portrait of nowday's youth, as a mirror image of the 1960s, while questions of the "cinéma vérité" are revisited with fancy.
Séverine Enjolras and Magali Bragard are both holders of a DEA in visual anthropology obtained in 2003 in Paris 10 - Nanterre, under the direction of Jean Rouch. In 2009 they co-directed a short documentary film, "Dombes", on the study and management of a health risk. They are both teachers in documentary cinema, they created and organized in 2007 and 2008 a festival of films in the West Bank. Séverine Enjolras has also directed several documentaries, institutional films and films around citizen consultation workshops. Magali Bragard, in addition to his work of realization, is also a stage and press photographer.
Director, camera, script: Séverine Enjorlas, Magali Bragard
Edit: Magali Bragard, Thomas Laufer
Language of dialogues: French
Language of subtitles: English
Award of Excellence in Visual Anthropology, Ethnocineca, Vienna, Austria
Authors are guests of Gellner Seminar which takes place after screening of theirs movie.
Norsko, 2017, 85 min
Alhajji Ibrahim is an Islamic scholar. For 46 years, he has served as judge at the Sultanate of Ngaoundéré in Northern Cameroon. The film follows Alhajji during the last years of his life, focusing on the relationships in a polygamous family, seen from the perspective of the wives and their husband. The film (shot in years 1997-2001 and edited only now) presents a way of life that is typical of the societies and cultures of Borno and Adamaoua provinces (Nigeria and Cameroon) where people living far away from the capital centers, struggle to adapt to modern education, strong marginalization and increasing poverty. In recent years, the region has been under constant threat of the Boko Haram insurgency.
Lisbeth Holtedahl was born in 1946 in Copenhagen, educated in Oslo and Paris (history of art / anthropology). Professor of anthropology and the founding mother of the Visual Cultural Studies Master's programme at UiT, The Arctic University of Norway in Tromsø. Since 1970 visual ethnographic research in Eastern Niger, Northern Norway and Northern Cameroon.
Director, production, camera: Lisbeth Holtedahl
Edit: Konrad Pilot
Language of dialogues: Fulfude language
Language of subtitles: English, Czech
Partners of AntropoFEST are
- Ponrepo Cinema
- Czech Association for Social Anthropology
- Department of Anthropology, University of West Bohemia in Pilsen
- Department of Social and Cultural Anthropology, University of Pardubice
- Swiss Embassy in Czech Republic
- F.H. Prager
- Radio 1
- Urban people
- Czech Sociological Review
- The Czech Ethnological Journal
Don't hesitate and ask us or just send your movie (with apllication form) on email: [email protected]
Submit film with online application form HERE, or by email or by post. See below.
By entering your film you agree to the following conditions:
- Relevance to the given anthropological themes will be taken into account when choosing the film. Attention will be paid to the content and artistic quality of the film.
- Films of any length will be accepted.
- We prefer movies produced recently.
- By entering his/her film, the owner of the rights gives consent to the film being projected at Antropofest events and archived for the purposes of Antropofest z.s.
- There is no entering fee and no financial reward to applicant, director or producer of the movie.
- Sent DVDs are not returned.
- Photographs and information from the application form will be used for the purposes of the festival (or other event of Antropofest), included in the festival programme/catalogue and posted on the website and social medias of Antropofest. All information will be processing only by members of Antropofest, z.s. and will not be offered to anybody else. More details about protection of personal data are available at our website. Your questions will be respond via our email.
- The deadline for applications is October 17th 2018. Films which arrive after this date will not be included in the projection of the upcoming year of the festival.
- Selected movie will be accompanied by Czech subtitles (if original language is not Czech or Slovak). English subtitles (not only burned in the image) are required - we need it for translation to Czech. We accept only subtitles with exact timing in srt format (created by Subtitle Workshop or other software).
- Applicants will be informed about their film being incorporated into the festival programme via e-mail and not later than 20 days before the beginning of the festival.
- Organizers may change place and dates of the festival (at the latest 14 days before start).
- Expenses connected to transporting of film to the address Antropofest Slovinská 994/25, Praha 10, 101 00, Czech Republic or via some cloud will be covered by the applicant.