We would like to thank to all visitors of the festival. If you missed some movie you can watch it during "Echos of Antropofest" in regions.
Antropofest is an international festival of movies with social anthropological themes.
Festival is held by eponymous NGO, formed by social anthropology graduates. The goal of the festival is to introduce the general audience to the movies that could also be one of the important study instruments of our domain. These specific documents will allow us to learn about the life of various human communities, social groups or individuals around the world.
During the festival we will hold debates on current projections and there will be also other accompanying programme.
We are looking forward to you!
Two professional photographesr work during the festival. If you don't want to be on photos, let us know it. On the other hand, you agree with it. We can use photos from the festival for our promo materials, webpage or FB. Thank you for your understanding.
Do you want to win a free ticket to ANTROPOFEST 2019? Listen Radio1 on Monday 21JAN between 10.30-11.30 am and answer correctly. Good luck!
On the Thursday Opening Ceremony of ANTROPOFEST 2019 and 173. The Gellner´s Seminar in the Lucerna Gallery is free entrance. On Friday and Saturday at the Ponrepo cinema there is an entrance fee: Friday 120 CZK, Saturday 180 CZK and for both days 250 CZK.
Exhibition of posters - 10 years of Antropofest - is placed in foyer Cinema Ponrepo. It started 16JAN and it ended 26JAN.
24.01.2019 : Galerie Lucerna
|17:45||Welcome in Gallery Lucerna|
|18:00||Opening Ceremony of 10th edition|
|18:15||Remake of a Summer|
25.01.2019 : Kino NFA Ponrepo
|17:42||Open of Exhibition - 10 years of Antropofest|
|18:00||Ready-made básně z emailové konverzace s A-teamem – zahájení 10. ročníku Antropofestu|
|19:30||Guest and break|
|20:00||BE' JAM BE the Never Ending Song|
|21:35||Guests and break|
|22:05||The Sisterhood: Visits with my Friends|
26.01.2019 : Kino NFA Ponrepo
|15:45||Hanba a zvrácenost|
|16:05||Guests and break|
|16:35||Říkejte mi strýcu|
|17:10||Guests and break|
|17:40||Youtubeři mezi námi|
|18:00||Guest and break|
|18:30||In the Devil's Garden|
|18:55||Guest and break|
|19:25||REVENIR (To Return)|
|21:00||Marquis de Wavrin, from the Manor to the Jungle|
Francie, 2017, 96 min
Séverine Enjolras, Magali Bragard
During a summer in Paris and its suburbs, two young directors attempt a remake of "Chroniques d'un été", fifty years after the cult film of Rouch and Morin. An offbeat portrait of nowday's youth, as a mirror image of the 1960s, while questions of the "cinéma vérité" are revisited with fancy.
Séverine Enjolras and Magali Bragard are both holders of a DEA in visual anthropology obtained in 2003 in Paris 10 - Nanterre, under the direction of Jean Rouch. In 2009 they co-directed a short documentary film, "Dombes", on the study and management of a health risk. They are both teachers in documentary cinema, they created and organized in 2007 and 2008 a festival of films in the West Bank. Séverine Enjolras has also directed several documentaries, institutional films and films around citizen consultation workshops. Magali Bragard, in addition to his work of realization, is also a stage and press photographer.
Director, camera, script: Séverine Enjorlas, Magali Bragard
Edit: Magali Bragard, Thomas Laufer
Language of dialogues: French
Language of subtitles: English
Award of Excellence in Visual Anthropology, Ethnocineca, Vienna, Austria
Authors are guests of Gellner Seminar which takes place after screening of theirs movie.
Alžírsko, Švýcarsko, 2018, 25 min
The film situates the viewer within the makeshift space of an animal market in Algeria. Drifting between feeding and waiting, one attunes to the bodies of goats and camels, the oldest companions of Arab men. As we move deeper into the desert, the site turns into a sacrifice zone and reveals its dark geopolitical secrets. The sensory ethnography film will invite you to question the banality of displacement, confinement and exploitation in an out-of-sight territory.
Pavel Borecký is a social anthropologist, non-fiction filmmaker and social innovator. He co-founded an award-winning research organization "Anthropictures", carried out diverse projects in Serbia, Peru, Estonia and Czech Republic, and produced several ethnographic films. Being based at University of Bern, he currently investigates tactics of managing water scarcity in Jordan and works on a new film, book and sound installation.
Director, camera, edit: Pavel Borecký
Production: Institut of Social Anthropology, University of Bern
Script: Pavel Borecký, Franziska Voigt
Language of dialogues: Arabic
Language of subtitles: English, Czech
Francie, Švýcarsko, Malajsie, 2018, 85 min
Caroline Parietti, Cyprien Ponson
In Sarawak (Borneo), "the ones who live upstream" are the first affected by deforestation. The Penan, (ex) nomadic hunters, are caught in the eye of that storm : how to go on living when one's entire world is being taken apart, when the landscape, which brought meaning to existence, literally disappears and with it language, customs and the spirits? The film, carried by the song of those who refuse to give in, draws the lines of resistance of each one to that deadly fight. It tells of the intimate interweaving of a sweet and secret way of life with the fight which rages in the shadow of the big trees.
Caroline Parietti and Cyprien Ponson met during a master's degree in documentary writing (CREADOC/France), after personal journeys in anthropology and community social work. Their work explores issues of memory, violence and resistance in the margins. Cyprien earned a bachelor's degree in anthropology at Lyon 2, and Caroline a first year of ethnology in Neuchâtel (Switzerland) before her studies of community social work during which she started to use camera as an emancipation tool.
Direction, camera, script: Caroline Parietti, Cyprien Ponson
Production: Les Obliques
Edit: Alex Lumbreras
Language of dialogues: Penan language
Language of subtitles: English, Czech
Partners of AntropoFEST are
- Ponrepo Cinema
- Czech Association for Social Anthropology
- Department of Anthropology, University of West Bohemia in Pilsen
- Department of Social and Cultural Anthropology, University of Pardubice
- Swiss Embassy in Czech Republic
- F.H. Prager
- Radio 1
- Urban people
- Czech Sociological Review
- The Czech Ethnological Journal
Don't hesitate and ask us or just send your movie (with apllication form) on email: [email protected]
Submit film with online application form HERE, or by email or by post. See below.
By entering your film you agree to the following conditions:
- Relevance to the given anthropological themes will be taken into account when choosing the film. Attention will be paid to the content and artistic quality of the film.
- Films of any length will be accepted.
- We prefer movies produced recently.
- By entering his/her film, the owner of the rights gives consent to the film being projected at Antropofest events and archived for the purposes of Antropofest z.s.
- There is no entering fee and no financial reward to applicant, director or producer of the movie.
- Sent DVDs are not returned.
- Photographs and information from the application form will be used for the purposes of the festival (or other event of Antropofest), included in the festival programme/catalogue and posted on the website and social medias of Antropofest. All information will be processing only by members of Antropofest, z.s. and will not be offered to anybody else. More details about protection of personal data are available at our website. Your questions will be respond via our email.
- The deadline for applications is October 17th 2018. Films which arrive after this date will not be included in the projection of the upcoming year of the festival.
- Selected movie will be accompanied by Czech subtitles (if original language is not Czech or Slovak). English subtitles (not only burned in the image) are required - we need it for translation to Czech. We accept only subtitles with exact timing in srt format (created by Subtitle Workshop or other software).
- Applicants will be informed about their film being incorporated into the festival programme via e-mail and not later than 20 days before the beginning of the festival.
- Organizers may change place and dates of the festival (at the latest 14 days before start).
- Expenses connected to transporting of film to the address Antropofest Slovinská 994/25, Praha 10, 101 00, Czech Republic or via some cloud will be covered by the applicant.