We would like to invite you to first "Echos of Antropofest". It takes place 1APR from 6pm in Fotogaléria Trafačka in Nitra, Slovakia. We will screen Revenir movie.
Antropofest is an international festival of movies with social anthropological themes.
Festival is held by eponymous NGO, formed by social anthropology graduates. The goal of the festival is to introduce the general audience to the movies that could also be one of the important study instruments of our domain. These specific documents will allow us to learn about the life of various human communities, social groups or individuals around the world.
During the festival we will hold debates on current projections and there will be also other accompanying programme.
We are looking forward to you!
We would like to invite you to 2nd Anthropological Evening to Ponrepo Cinema at Sunday 3MAR from 8.30 p.m. We are screening two movies from China. The first one is ethnographic movie from 1936. It is from National Film Archive. The second one, from the Antropofest archive, is movie by anthropologist Satoru Ito "Creation and chanting of Lik Yatt". We presented in Antropofest 2013 together with the author. The guest of the evening will be ethnologist Adam Horalek from University of Pardubice.
We would like to thank to all visitors of the festival. If you missed some movie you can watch it during "Echos of Antropofest" in regions.
Two professional photographesr work during the festival. If you don't want to be on photos, let us know it. On the other hand, you agree with it. We can use photos from the festival for our promo materials, webpage or FB. Thank you for your understanding.
Do you want to win a free ticket to ANTROPOFEST 2019? Listen Radio1 on Monday 21JAN between 10.30-11.30 am and answer correctly. Good luck!
24.01.2019 : Galerie Lucerna
|17:45||Welcome in Gallery Lucerna|
|18:00||Opening Ceremony of 10th edition|
|18:15||Remake of a Summer|
25.01.2019 : Kino NFA Ponrepo
|17:42||Open of Exhibition - 10 years of Antropofest|
|18:00||Ready-made básně z emailové konverzace s A-teamem – zahájení 10. ročníku Antropofestu|
|19:30||Guest and break|
|20:00||BE' JAM BE the Never Ending Song|
|21:35||Guests and break|
|22:05||The Sisterhood: Visits with my Friends|
26.01.2019 : Kino NFA Ponrepo
|15:45||Hanba a zvrácenost|
|16:05||Guests and break|
|16:35||Říkejte mi strýcu|
|17:10||Guests and break|
|17:40||Youtubeři mezi námi|
|18:00||Guest and break|
|18:30||In the Devil's Garden|
|18:55||Guest and break|
|19:25||REVENIR (To Return)|
|21:00||Marquis de Wavrin, from the Manor to the Jungle|
Česká republika, 2019, 30 min
Bohdan Heblík, Petr Hora
Ready-made poems from an email conversation with the A-team – opening of 10th edition of Antropofest.
Presentation: Bohdan Heblík, piano: Petr Hora
Bohdan Heblík (* 1978) is a freelance graphic designer. He has been working with the A-Team for 10 years. He has participated in all competitions and won all prizes. However, not for the graphic design of Antropofest. He does not study. Portfolio available at www.kofila.com.
Petr Hora (* 1981) was born in Chrudim and studied organ and composition at the Conservatory in Teplice. He has not participated in any competitions or won any prizes. He has been working with Antropofest from its beginnings and created most of the musical backgrounds for the festival jingles. Since 2014, he has been studying composition at the Academy of Performing Arts under Luboš Mrkvička.
Belgie, 2017, 85 min
Grace Winter, Luc Plantier
The film invites us to follow the strange path taken by the Marquis de Wavrin, the first white man to film, at the end of the 1920s, the "head shrinking" Shuar Indians. Over 6000 meters of footage filmed between 1920 and 1938 led to his becoming a renowned explorer and ethnographer. Thanks to the safeguarding of this film heritage by the Cinémathèque (the Royal Belgian Film Archive), we are able to learn about the Marquis de Wavrin, defender and friend of the Indians of the Upper - Amazon, and a true filmmaker at heart.
After studying Art History and Social Anthropology at ULB, Grace Winter continued her studies at the Sorbonne for one year, obtaining a mandate from the CNRS (French National Center for Scientific Research) to produce ethnological works in Mali and the Ivory Coast. In 1979, she joined the distribution company Progrès Films, and went on to become a director of the company for 18 years. In 2002, following the closure of Progrès Films, she returned to the Cinémathèque (the Royal Belgian Film Archive) as a researcher
Luc Plantier studied Language Sciences at the University of Avignon, then went on to complete a Masters in Cinema in Lyon. Moving on from theory to practice, he obtained a post-graduate qualification in editing from IAD (The Broadcasting Arts Institution) in Louvain-La-Neuve.
Director: Grace Winter, Luc Plantier
Production: Image Création
Camera: Marquis de Wavrin, Dominique Henry
Script: Grace Winter
Edit: Luc Plantier
Language of dialogues: French
Language of subtitles: English, Czech
Česká republika, 2018, 20 min
A short ethnographic film in which six Czech youtubers talk about the YouTube phenomenon. They are reflecting on the influence of YouTube on the society, on their relationship with fans, and why YouTube is so popular. At the same time, the film tries to show the worlds of these six Czech YouTubers.
Ester Kolářová graduated in Social and Cultural Anthropology at the University of Pardubice. Currently, she is a PhD student at the Department of Ethnology in Prague. At the same time, she is studying Documentary Film at FAMU, Prague.
Director, production, camera, script, edit: Ester Kolářová
Langueage of dialogues: Czech
Languegae of subtitles: none
Partners of AntropoFEST are
- Ponrepo Cinema
- Czech Association for Social Anthropology
- Department of Anthropology, University of West Bohemia in Pilsen
- Department of Social and Cultural Anthropology, University of Pardubice
- Swiss Embassy in Czech Republic
- F.H. Prager
- Radio 1
- Urban people
- Czech Sociological Review
- The Czech Ethnological Journal
Don't hesitate and ask us or just send your movie (with apllication form) on email: [email protected]
Submit film with online application form HERE, or by email or by post. See below.
By entering your film you agree to the following conditions:
- Relevance to the given anthropological themes will be taken into account when choosing the film. Attention will be paid to the content and artistic quality of the film.
- Films of any length will be accepted.
- We prefer movies produced recently.
- By entering his/her film, the owner of the rights gives consent to the film being projected at Antropofest events and archived for the purposes of Antropofest z.s.
- There is no entering fee and no financial reward to applicant, director or producer of the movie.
- Sent DVDs are not returned.
- Photographs and information from the application form will be used for the purposes of the festival (or other event of Antropofest), included in the festival programme/catalogue and posted on the website and social medias of Antropofest. All information will be processing only by members of Antropofest, z.s. and will not be offered to anybody else. More details about protection of personal data are available at our website. Your questions will be respond via our email.
- The deadline for applications is October 17th 2018. Films which arrive after this date will not be included in the projection of the upcoming year of the festival.
- Selected movie will be accompanied by Czech subtitles (if original language is not Czech or Slovak). English subtitles (not only burned in the image) are required - we need it for translation to Czech. We accept only subtitles with exact timing in srt format (created by Subtitle Workshop or other software).
- Applicants will be informed about their film being incorporated into the festival programme via e-mail and not later than 20 days before the beginning of the festival.
- Organizers may change place and dates of the festival (at the latest 14 days before start).
- Expenses connected to transporting of film to the address Antropofest Slovinská 994/25, Praha 10, 101 00, Czech Republic or via some cloud will be covered by the applicant.